Friday, December 31, 2010

Cookies.

I've been with Lauren for the past like three days.

There has been lots of food, lots of talking, lots of singing, not a lot of sleep.
She says my house is welcoming and relaxing.
It is if you don't live here.

To an outside eye this house, this family seems lovely, seems normal.
You wouldn't guess my mother loves her wine by the bottle, and nightly.
You wouldn't guess by his charisma that Dylan is a failure or that Ryan is over emotional. And me? What am I?
I'm swimming upstream. I'm terrified. I'm under pressure.
My mom keeps saying to me how proud she is. And thats awesome because that usually doesn't happen- but she calls me 'college girl' and tells me everyday that I'll be the first Gamblin to really go to college my dad's three weeks don't counts I guess.
What if I fail? What if I get there and freak out? What if I simply cannot handle it?
Who will be her college girl? Who will be the first Gamblin to go to college?
I'm not saying that I think I won't be able to handle college- I think I will. Its just whenever she says that I'll be the first I think there's a chance that might not actually be the case..

2 comments:

  1. You won't fail.
    You might freak out, but so did I and I'm still at school.
    You can handle it, because you have already handled so much. why stop now?
    College is scary and I know that from personal experience.
    Trust me when I say: I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
    And regardless of what happens, I am so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you more than you know. This comment meant the world to me.

    ReplyDelete